Tuesday, July 23, 2013

On rainy days like these

Since I live in a dry area it doesn't rain so much or snow often. So when it rains or snows it's special and even beautiful. It's a time to just make a cup of tea and sit near the window enjoying the sound of the rain pitter pattering on the roof top and the sound of thunder roaring throughout the gray sky. Some people find the storms scary, but why is that? Can anybody tell me? Is it because the lightning and thunder are something we can not explain? Or is it because our imagination runs free? I love it...I love it all the thunder, the lightning, the sound, the smell. When I think of the rain I picture myself sitting on the windowsill with my nice warm cup of tea in my hands a book in my lap wearing a white dress that comes off the shoulders and drapes down revealing my bare legs. Just sitting there looking at the rain in deep thought. My imagination on snowy or rainy days just run wild. It's a perfect time for me to find inspiration. I feel like the rain or snow puts my mind at ease to think clearly. What do you think of the rain? Do you like it or do you dislike it?    

No comments:

Post a Comment